A career as a dental assistant can be very rewarding. There is a couple of factors that determines a dental assistants potential earnings. Depending on your type of training and professional background your salary may vary slightly. An assistants salary depends on the amount of responsibilities associated with the dental practice and the geographic location of its employer. Typically a dental assistant jobs can earn anywhere between $12.00 and $26.00 an hour with a full line of health benefits and paid vacation.
Why Be A Dental Assistant
If you have a passion to make people smile and like to be hands on with your profession then becoming a dental assistant is the right choice for you. Not only is it rewarding and exciting but its a great way to build a relationship with your patients in the community and establish a rapport with them that will help you advance in your career. Take the next step into preparing for a career choice that is right for you by finding out more information on how to become a dental assistant now.
On an average day, dental assistant jobs will help the practicing dentist with dental procedures and treatments. A dental assistant may be involved in:
- Administering drugs for the use of oral care
- Taking X-rays
- Prepping and sterilizing dental instruments and equipment
- Taking Blood Pressure and Pulse if necessary
- Creating a patients chart and filling out patient medical history
- Teaching patients good oral hygiene strategies and providing them with written literature on oral care.
- Scheduling appointments and follow up visits with the dentist (answering telephones when necessary and creating billing invoices for patients)
- communicating with group purchasing organizations and ordering supplies for the offices when needed
One of the fastest growing fields in the dental industry so take advantage of this opportunity and get a spot in our next Dental Assisting class while there is still room… Email or call (501) 404-9340 today!
Dr. Ted Pinney